Cyber Monday Sale
Save big on Cisco CCENT training products during the Cyber Monday Sale on the Cisco Learning Network Store.
The CCENT certification validates the skills required for entry-level network support positions, the starting point for many successful careers in networking. CCENT certified professionals have the knowledge and skill to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network, including basic network security.
It opens doors to a career in networking. Having your CCENT means you have what it takes to manage a small, enterprise branch network. A CCENT is your first step toward CCNA certification and will help you stand out from the crowd in entry-level positions.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|100-105 ICND1||Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)|
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) v3.0
- Cisco Learning Labs for ICND1
- Certification Practice Exams
A comprehensive list of study materials is also available.
Learning Partner Content
- Partners: Log In for Cisco SalesConnect curricula.
- Learning Partner Lounges – Find materials provided by Cisco Authorized Learning Partners.
Cisco Learning Network Resources
Get all your CCENT questions answered.
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the Cisco-approved training:
The Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) v3.0 course provides the foundational understanding of network layers 1-3 that are applicable to core routing and switching plus other advanced technologies. Several topics have been added including; understanding the interactions and network functions of firewalls, wireless controllers and access points, along with additional focus on IPv6 and basic network security.
To earn this Cisco certification, you must pass the following exam:
This exam tests a candidate’s knowledge and skills related to network fundamentals, LAN switching technologies, routing technologies, infrastructure services, and infrastructure maintenance.
CCENT certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following exams before the certification expiration date:
- Pass the current ICND1 exam, or
- Pass any current Associate-level exam or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.