CCNA Cyber Ops
Demand for Cybersecurity Professionals
According to IDC, cybersecurity will be among the 20 most in-demand IT roles for the next decade. Learn more about skills that can boost your career.
Today’s organizations are challenged with rapidly detecting cybersecurity breaches and effectively responding to security incidents. Teams of people in Security Operations Centers (SOC’s) keep a vigilant eye on security systems, protecting their organizations by detecting and responding to cybersecurity threats.
The CCNA Cyber Ops certification prepares candidates to begin a career working with associate-level cybersecurity analysts within security operations centers.
Exams & Recommended Training
- Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals Exam Topics
- Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Exam Topics
Cisco Learning Resources
- CCNA Cyber Ops 210-250 Written Exam Study Materials
- CCNA Cyber Ops 210-255 Written Exam Study Materials
- CCNA Cyber Ops Syllabus
- CCNA Cyber Ops Study Group
Learning Partner Content
- Partners: Log In for Cisco SalesConnect curricula.
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the following Cisco-approved training:
This 5-day course is designed to teach candidates basic security principles, concepts, provide fundamental knowledge and core skills needed to begin preparing for a job in cybersecurity. This course will help to prepare students to pass the Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals Exam.
This 5-day course is designed to teach candidates the principles and concepts of Security Operations, and provide the student with the fundamental knowledge and core skills needed to begin working in a Security Operations Center (SOC). This course will help to prepare students to pass the Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Exam.
To earn this Cisco certification, you must pass the following exam(s):
This exam is the first of the two required exams to achieve the CCNA Cyber Ops certification and is aligned with the job role of an associate-level Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Analyst. The SECFND exam tests candidates understanding of cybersecurity’s basic principles, foundational knowledge, and core skills needed to grasp the more advanced associate-level materials in the second required exam, “Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS)”.
This exam is the second of the two required exams in achieving the associate-level CCNA Cyber Ops certification and is aligned with the job role of an associate-level Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Analyst. The SECOPS exam tests a candidate’s knowledge and skills needed to successfully handle the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of an associate-level Security Analyst working in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
CCNA Cyber Ops certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for the ICND1 exam or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.