Enterprise environments require networks designed for performance, availability, and scalability with the flexibility to meet rapidly evolving demands. To meet these challenges head on, skilled IT professionals are needed with up-to-date, fundamental network design skills. For network design engineers, system engineers, and sales engineers and individuals looking to build and validate Cisco network design fundamental knowledge the Cisco CCDA certification program focuses on design methodologies and objectives, addressing and routing protocols, and network expansion considerations within basic campus, data center, security, voice, and wireless networks.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|200-310 DESGN||Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN)|
- Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) v3.0
- Description of the Methodology Used to Design a Network
A comprehensive list of self-study materials is also available.
Cisco Learning Network Resources
Get all your CCDA questions answered.
Learning Partner Content
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the Cisco-approved training:
This course presents a structured and modular approach to designing networks that are scalable, resilient, and have well-defined failure domains. Course discusses routing and switching design of Campus and Enterprise networks in detail. Data center, wireless networking, and real-time traffic infrastructure are introduced and their effects on the core network are discussed from the design perspective.
To earn this Cisco certification, you must pass one of the following exam(s):
This exam requires a foundation or apprentice knowledge of network design for Cisco enterprise network architectures. CCDA certified professionals can design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN/WAN technologies for SMB or basic enterprise campus and branch networks.
CCDA certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA Routing and Switching certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA Routing and Switching certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).